In this article, you will find information on what you need to know about mold removal in Grand Rapids MI. We all know that mold is very dangerous to our health. It doesn’t take long for mold and mildew to grow in your home or business. Neglecting to properly clean up water after a flood, busted pipe, or any other kind of water disaster in your home, can lead to a quick buildup of mold and mildew. Some say to simply let the water dry on its own, but that’s just not the case. Take a look at what you need to know about mold removal in Grand Rapids Michigan.
What You Need to Know about Mold Removal in Grand Rapids MI
Hire a Professional or Do-It-Yourself when it comes to Mold Removal?
When it comes to hiring a professional to remove the mold or doing it yourself, there are some things you will need to consider. There are times when you can do it on your own, but there are those times when it is better to call a professional cleanup company to do it for you. Take a look below to see if you should attempt it yourself or call the professionals in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Do-It-Yourself Mold Removal in Grand Rapids MI
- Water Damage is Small – If the area of the water damage is small, then yes, you could probably do-it-yourself and not call a professional.
- Cleaning Supplies – If you have the correct cleaning supplies needed to clean the water and remove mold, then yes, you can probably do-it-yourself.
- Know the Steps – If you know the steps that you need to take, when to begin cleanup, and how to clean up, then you can probably clean it yourself.
Hire a Professional for Mold Removal in Grand Rapids MI
- Large area of Water Damage – If the water damage in your home or business covers the majority of your home or business, it is best to call a professional to come out and take care of the mold removal for you.
- Not Comfortable with Cleaning – If you are simply not comfortable with cleaning up the water and removing the mold, you should call a professional mold removal service to do the cleanup for you.
Mold Removal Tips in Grand Rapids MI
Unless you find the cause of the mold, you will continuously clean mold and never be mold free. It’s important that you check for mold around your home and find what’s causing the mold buildup.
Leaky Pipes – It is important that you check the pipes in your house for leaks and mold. If you find mold buildup around your pipes, chances are, your pipes are leaky. Call a plumber and have the pipes looked at and maybe replaced to stop the mold buildup.
Leaky Windows – Another place you will often find mold is around windows that leak. Leaky windows will allow rain and other moisture into your home. This will then cause mold and mildew buildup on your walls, ceiling and floors. If you see this happening, you will definitely need to install new windows to stop the problem and either remove the mold yourself, or call a cleanup company to move it for you.
Moist areas – Some areas are more exposed to moisture than others. In these areas, it is so difficult to stop the mold and mildew from building up. However, a great way to help stop the mold is by using primer and paint with a mildew-resistant added in it. You can buy these paints from places like Lowes and Home Depot.
There is no doubt that mold removal can be difficult to do on your own. If it is a large area, or if you’ve never dealt with mold removal, you probably should call a cleanup company to come out and take care of it for you. That’s the quickest and safest way you remove mold. This is definitely a problem that should not be neglected because mold can kill. So, if you are facing a mold and mildew problem, contact the local cleanup company in Grand Rapids, Michigan, today and let them safely take care of the problem for you.